Single girl in the windy city

Friday, January 05, 2007

Merry Christmas

Well Christmas has come and gone. I look back and wonder...was it really all worth it. Yes, now I have a cordless keyboard and mouse and Bailey has some special treats but did I really get anything out of this holiday season?? Every year my mother bakes and bakes and bakes and we put together around 60 or 70 plates of cookies. I dread this every year. The one thing I do enjoy doing it delivering these plates. Some of the people I deliver to I only see once a year. But every year my mom does more and more to the point where we barely get the plates fixed before Christmas. This year we didn't start delivering plates until late on the 23rd. By the 24th I was leaving plates on people's doorstep and not even knocking because I didn't have time to talk to anyone. I felt like I was "cookie bombing" them. I was running up to the door and quietly hanging the bag from the door knob hoping no on would hear me and then running to the car and pulling away quickly! I feel that the only good thing that was left in delivering the plates has been lost.

I didn't feel the Christmas spirit at all this year. Of course being by myself this year didn't help. There is something nice about having a significant other to share in your festivities. Even decorating the tree was sad this year. I was unloading the box of Christmas decorations and pulled out the two stockings, one with my name on it and one with Pete's. I just looked at it and put it back in the box. I didn't cry or anything but it sure put a damper on the mood I was trying to create.

So I look back on this Christmas season with a hope that next year will be better. I'll just scratch this one off...and hope for a better season next year!

A blog wouldn't be complete without some pics. So here are a few I did take on Christmas Day.




1 Comments:

Blogger Kim said...

You're not alone - it seems like no one was in the Christmas spirit this year. At least everyone was in good health. Oh, and at least you didn't have to eat someone's leftover ham chunks for Christmas Eve dinner!

3:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home