Single girl in the windy city

Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Ex's

I've started to wonder if life is just a series of ex's. Not just ex lovers or ex boyfriends or ex husbands but ex friends as well. Most of us can remember are first best friend. Those fun times we had in elementary school when we would have sleepovers. I actually had a boy as one of my best friends and we could never figure out why our parents wouldn't let us have sleepover.

Some friends stay in your life and some don't. People change as they grow up or just plain grow. I've been thinking more about friendship the past couple of weeks after I found out that Pete was engaged. I thought we were fairly close friends. In fact, we had just discussed our friendship and how much it met to me that he was there when my dad died. Then he gets engaged and he doesn't even call to tell me. I found out from someone else and I even called and left a message to tell him that I knew and still nothing. Of course last Friday night I got shit faced and called and left a not-so-nice message on his voice mail and I'll probably never speak to him again. I guess the "Pete" chapter in my life is over... even though I didn't get a say.

I had really thought that no matter what Pete would always be a part of my life in some way. I knew we would never get back together. I didn't want to marry him. We don't work. But I never thought he would stop returning my calls or stop caring about me. He had to know me finding out that he got engaged after six months would be hard for me but to assume that I would just read on facebook he was engaged...damn, that's harsh.

So I guess even after we grow up and become the person that we will be, friends are still able to be loss. But I look at the quality of friends I have right now...they are fabulous! I have some of the best friends in the entire world. I've had the year from hell and they have been there for me every step of the way. I just want you all to know, I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home